Siteground Hosting Offers various hosting packages, and if you are on their GrowBig or GoGeek hosting package, you can install multiple Websites on it.
SiteGround used to offer free domains but they have removed it now. However, you can still buy domain names directly from SiteGround or any other registrar such as GoDaddy, Namecheap) you need to add it as an add-on domain.
In this tutorial, I will share how you can add another domain to your Siteground hosting.
In this case, my domain is purchased from GoDaddy, and I will be doing following things:
- Adding add-on domain using Siteground cPanel
- Changing Name-server of domain to point to Siteground hosting
If you are stuck in between because of any reason, you can ask query using comment form, and I will answer them ASAP!
So let’s get on with this tutorial and learn something new today.
Adding Add-on domain to Siteground cPanel:
Login to your Siteground hosting dashboard and click on cPanel.
- On the left side of your cPanel, you will also notice the Name-server of your Siteground hosting account. If your domain is registered with any other domain registrar, you need to update the nameserver of the domain to point to Siteground.
- Inside your cPanel, click on Add-on domain and this is where you will start adding the additional domain to your Siteground account.
- On the next page begin with adding your domain name in the “New domain name field.” This will automatically suggest an FTP username for the domain. By default, new domains will have the directory structure of Public_html/domainname. You can always change it, but I would recommend keeping it default as it would make it easier for you or your developer to distinguish with other site hosted on your hosting account.
- Click on Password generator to suggest and use a complex password for your new FTP username. If you are using any password manager tool, you should save the password there for future reference. (See screenshot below)
Click on Add Domain, and this will add your domain name into your Siteground hosting.
Point your Domain Nameserver to Siteground hosting:
If your domain is purchased from Siteground, you don’t have to do this step. But if your domain is bought from any other domain registrar, you should login to your domain management dashboard. Click on your domain name, select name-server and update the nameserver to point to your Siteground hosting.
In the first screenshot (Above) I showed you how to find the Name-server of your Siteground account. You can also find Siteground Nameserver in your Welcome email.
Usually, nameserver propagation takes 1-4 hours.
So, in between, you can install WordPress on your domain name, but to access the Website dashboard, you need to wait for nameserver propagation to finish. You can use this free tool to see if your nameserver has been updated globally or not.
If you have any query regarding adding the add-on domain to your Siteground account, let me know via comment, and I would try to reply ASAP!
Latest posts by Harsh Agrawal (see all)
- SiteGround Coupon – Get Maximum Discount on Hosting - March 5, 2019
- How To Enable Siteground SuperCacher For WordPress Site - March 4, 2019
- Which SiteGround Shared Hosting Plan Is Best For You - March 3, 2019